THE BABY WOULDN’T STOP CRYING, PARENTS DISCOVERED THIS ON HER TOE. EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS DANGER!


Baby Molly was just a few months old. One afternoon, while her parents were eating lunch, Molly suddenly started to scream and cry.At first, her parents weren’t too concerned. But when Molly didn’t calm down after few minutes, they started to worry. They thought her outburst was causing her to overheat, so they took off her socks only to discover something horrible.

Molly’s father posted the following message on Facebook. Had a small scare this afternoon with Ms. Molly. What happened was new to me, but apparently not totally uncommon, so I figured I’d share with my fellow parents out there. I was with the family over lunch and Molly was cranky and screaming–nothing out of the ordinary. As worked up as she was getting, she started to overheat, which prompted Jess to remove her socks and cool her down. That’s when we saw her toe. This is called a hair tourniquet, which is literally a strand of hair that, while inside a sock, unexplainably wraps around a toe so tight that it can cut through the skin and potentially cut off blood circulation. Luckily for Molly she has a mother with medical emergency superpowers who was able to remove the hair with tweezers and a magnifying glass within a few minutes.

The doctor told me, for future reference, to always check the toes if the baby is inconsolable. Just an FYI to any parents or care takers out there. Molly’s parents’ message is an important one, and has been shared more than 30,000 times. If you know any new parents, please share this warning.